I am more addicted to Hello Kitty than to make-up because I have been loving her since I was a kid! So my sweet husband got this on my birthday. 😘🎂
I’m newly married and for the meantime, we are renting an apartment. We still need a LOT of furniture to make it homey. To prove my point, my husband still uses a suitcase as his bedside table, errrrr, and he thinks he doesn’t need a real one.
Good thing that one of the gifts that we received on our wedding was a Bed Bath & Beyond gift card for $100. We decided to use it this weekend plus two discount coupons from BBB.
Here is the bag!
First thing we purchased was the Real Simple® Split-Top Bench Storage Unit in Espresso for $89.99. I went to their website and found out about this item and thought that it will look good right at our doorway/entryway.
My husband said that it was easy to install. There is also a wood glue included to stick some of the parts together.
We both love the ottoman! It looks good and fits right at our small space.
The second one that we bought was a blender. It was a choice between the Oster glass blender and the Hamilton Beach plastic blender. I chose the plastic one because, honestly, I’m a bit of a klutz. I was afraid that I might break the glass. Well, it was cheaper too. The Hamilton Beach® 10-Speed Blender with 48 oz. Plastic Jar was for $19.99 only compared to the Oster blender for $39.99.
When we’re about to check-out, I saw these colorful loofah. I must have them!
I applied a 20% discount coupon to the ottoman and a $5 coupon to the blender. All in all, we still have a $1 and some odd cents left on our gift card.
It feels great to shop for stuff that you need without spending a single penny!👍🏼😄
Hello Kitty and her twin Mimmy just had their birthday yesterday, November 1. Yeah, they were “born” and not in Japan but in England. British kittens, how lovely!
Bought it from an online seller (ig: mycalishopper) for Php1100. I have been checking Sephora website for years and have been wishing for this makeup palette for as long as I can remember but we don’t have Sephora here in the Philippines and their online shop doesn’t ship here too. Boohoo. So I’m such a happy camper when I found out that I can order anything I want in the US from mycalishopper plus the fact that it was on sale! Dreams do come true, eventually.
But why an eyeshadow palette? Didn’t I just say in my last post that it’s my least favorite makeup to put on? Ummm, it’s a unique Hello Kitty item and that always wins in my list.
#2 and #9 have matte finish while the rest have shimmer. #3 is super pigmented and I can’t wait to use it! Thinking of using it later while watching the movie “Thor” at the mall but that miiiight be too much, don’t you think?
I immediately tried this on when I got it a few days ago using my Ecotools brushes by using #s 1 (under the eyebrows), 4 (crease), 10 & 11 (on the lid) and 8 as a bottom eye liner. Aren’t I a wild thing, using 5 eyeshadows at the same time?! …And that’s the only closest to an adventure that I experienced for years.
I love using felt tip eyeliner! It’s easy to use, more pigmented and stays on longer than the pencil type.
But this Hello Kitty eyeliner is thicker compared to the Maybelline felt tip eyeliner that I use so when I applied it, I messed it up a bit so it became thicker and the wingtip “just happened” because I didn’t deliberately intended to do that from the start. It is also not as dark nor pigmented so I had to reapply.
The evolution of my make-up kit all started with simply bringing baby powder when I was in grade school… Then came the lip gloss in high school… Then lipstick when I turned 18…
Now that I’m at the “right” age *wink*, here’s my make-up kit that I bring everyday at work:
❤️ Stella & Dot pouch (a gift)
So what’s inside this pouch?
❤️ Human Nature Mineral Powder in Orient Pearl
– I buy a lot of Human Nature products because they don’t have harmful ingredients, are cruelty-free and are proudly made in the Philippines
❤️ Urban Decay De-Slick Mattifying Powder
– I use it mostly as a mirror because it is a lot bigger than my HN powder and I love the packaging
❤️ 3 concealers
1) Mary Kay concealer/corrector in Ivory 1
2) Maybelline BB Stick (that I use as a concealer) in 01 Fresh – I don’t like the smell of the product on the tube but that smell disappears as soon as you apply it to your face and it goes on smoothly due to its powdery finish
3) Max Factor Pan Foundation (as a concealer) in Olive 30
❤️ 2 Powder Blush
1) Maybelline Cheeky Glow in Peachy Sweetie
2) Human Nature Mineral Blush in Pink Bloom
❤️ Revlon Eyelash Curler
– my ever dependable curler that I have to let go soon (huhuhu)… I’m just waiting for the Shu Uemura eyelash curler that I recently ordered (woohoo!)
❤️ 2 eyeliners
1) Maybelline HyperSharp Liner (liquid) – that I use for my upper lid
2) Maybelline master liner (pencil) – that I use for my lower lid but I’m still getting the hang of it because I’m used to liquid eyeliner
❤️ 3 mascaras
1) Maybelline The Falsies
2) Maybelline The Rocket
3) Benefit They’re Real
❤️ Cover Girl Pencil Crayon for the eyebrows (Please see my pseudo review on this article)
❤️ 2 lip balm
1) Etude Kissful Lip Care in Cherry
2) Maybelline Baby Lips in Neon Rose
❤️ 9 lippies
1) Human Nature in Lucky In Love
2) Mary Kay in Caramel Toffee
3) Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in Fashionista
4) Maybelline in Coral Crush
5) Nyx in Monte Carlo
6) Nyx in Addis Ababa
7) Mac Mattene Lipstick in Eden Rouge
8) Mac Lustre in Marquis D’
9) Mac Retro Matte in Riri Woo
❤️ Hello Kitty lip gloss
– that I don’t use. It’s cute, nuff said 😊
So what’s in your make-up kit?